Peaceful Cottage Rental takes special care to understand the unique needs of each of our guests to exceed expectations. Our family makes every effort to ensure you are 100% satisfied.
- Spacious and open floor plan with fully a furnished living room and dining room…..with Irish linens..
- Color T.V. with good reception and radio
- Fully fitted bathroom with a tub and separate shower plus a blow dryer…
- Fully fitted eat in kitchen with a fridge, cooker, electric kettle….
- Washer, dryer and vacuum…
- Private driveway with front and back door entrances…
- Pre-famine stone wall surrounds property with iron gated entrance…
- Smoke alarms
- Basic first aid kit
Includes sufficient amenities for six occupants :
- Cooking utensils and dish towels (cork screw and can opener, etc.)
- Dishes…. Everyday and fine China
- Glassware, tumblers, wine glasses, beer glasses
- Bed linens and Blankets
- French press coffee pot
- Kettle and tea cups
- Cutting board
- Pots and pans
- Children’s cups, plates, utensils and outlet caps
We suggest shopping in Headford at Joyce’s or in Shrule at Mullen’s for local groceries. … (Mullen’s is next to the Key pick up but is not open as late as Joyce’s, Joyce’s has a larger selection)
Suggested Shopping List for typical Irish meals:
- Barry’s Tea
- Small Sugar (if you take with your tea)
- Brown Bread
- Irish Butter
- Package of Bangers (Irish Sausage)
- Package of Rashers (Irish Bacon)
- Black or White Pudding (Blood Sausage)
- 1lb of Stew Beef from the butcher
- Irish Stew Meal Mix
- a can Bachlors Baked Beans
- Digestive Cookies (nice with butter or jam)
- Some Jam like Blackcurrrent or Lemon Curd
- Block of Irish Cheese
- Prepaid Garbage Bags (can be purchased at grocer should you require more)
- Guinness (add to stew in place of water… yum)
- Bulmers is a nice Irish Hard Cider, called Magners in the States.
- Large Water Bottles
- Laundry Detergent (the water is hard and the washers use a lot less water then American)
- Paper Towels
- Toilet Paper
- Don’t forget a case of Turf for the Fire!
*Guests must provide their own towels and pillows as recommended….
Don’t forget your “Wellies” (Wellington boots)